Friday, August 2, 2013

Gone but not forgotten

It is the gift we get in memories. Photos are the human manifestation of that part of the brain. I have a photographic memory especially in things I care about. The rest, it just fades. As we move into our new reality now, go through the photos in your heart and in your mind. Sort out the ones that make you smile and keep them, let the others fade. Pain and experiences with less, lack and loss need to fade. You do not need to continue to recreate the same scenario over and over. If you have a relationship to abuse of any sort, forgive and forget and release it to your fading space. I had lunch with my childhood friend yesterday and she reminded me of how abusive my mother was and how hard it was for her to witness it. I said I know it was hard to live with such sin, sin, sin, especially as a child. To be brutalized by that fear of an adult was total abuse that no one deserves ever. I smiled then and said, it is all gone now, not forgotten, simply stored in the fading place where it belongs. I have forgiven and released that memory and my life from here forward will know only love and peace and good news! Memories, what a cool gift! They serve to show me the way with pictures I can see, with sounds I can hear, and with words I understand. Mine alone and forever cherished as valuable.

No comments: