Monday, August 26, 2013

Closure

everyone deserves this. memories that keep you trapped in a different time. feelings that never go away. left out, like no one else knows or get this. Kyle and I were talking to the kids at the change starts with me retreat about what they wanted to be different. we let them choose anything at all. they all had very important things they wished were different. then one kid asked Kyle what he would change, and he said I wish I had known my dad. funny, how you can know someone but not know the hardest parts of them. then they asked me and i said the same thing, i wished i had known my dad too. no wonder we are in the business of kids, we were grown ups when we were little, someone had to be there and do the job. now we can just be grown up kids and enjoy the job finally after all these years. closure, a past and memory that need to fade to black. thanks to these great kids for giving us wishes and wanting to know us and our truth, i know wishes are real and true and now, we deserve closure and a fresh start. WOW, HUH?? Kids are the best! See ya dad when I get there we can chat about 54 years of seperation! Missed you more than I ever knew.

No comments: