Sunday, October 13, 2013

Extra-ordinary Buck Branaman

I watched the movie Buck again yesterday. He is a horse guy I admire. He came from a childhood of severe abuse and evolved himself into a master over this affliction. He did not perpetuate the DNA of his father, he morphed it. Forgiving and never forgetting, sharing shamelessly the pain that fear and separation create in movie for us all to see. I cry every time I watch it.  Then after the tears stopped, I went out and rode one of my beautiful horses. Then I cried some more remembering how many times riding my horse Jenny as a kid, after one of my mother's hideous tirades, healed my soul and my black and blue strap marks. Bubba the horse was awesome, swift, surefooted and totally supportive of me and my feelings. He coughed a little, and reminded me of the sadness in my own lungs that remains from those dark days. Kids never understand what is so wrong that abuse is the answer.  Neither do animals. No matter how old or distant we get from those experiences we never really do understand how or why anyone can treat a child as anything less than fragile, precious and perfect. WOW, another level of learning for us all. Thanks Buck, you are an extraordinary example of how healing, health and horses works for you  and ME TOO! I honor our journey here, and know it has value, and with that being said, NAMASTE' to us all.

No comments: