Tuesday, January 28, 2014

what was the most memorable?

That was the question posed after our vacation week at the beach. I thought for a moment and said, the day we played in the child's water park, like we were little kids, and laughed and splashed the whole time. My family together with nothing but sunshine and each other, is the best medicine ever. I know it is valuable for my heart and my life to savor these times. I also know that creating them is my responsibility. It went by the way side in my family, my mother stopped inviting us, she just went on her own. I knew that was not ok and recovering from the lack of family time took some effort. We get one family here, and learning to co-exist peacefully with love and peace at the center makes us better and better. Practicing on each other first before we head out into a world of strangers should be encouraged as  safe training ground for life. I have chosen not to be or do certain things because my family did them and it hurt. I have also chosen to forgive and move on, and not to let them go, just to let them. They are who they are, on purpose, just as I am. I love that we are different and still love each other. That is my greatest lesson, and it has become one of my greatest gifts. All children of the King of Kings, and that is memorable too. So remember - it is what you make it to be, you choose what you love and how you do it, family first, then the rest of us will be here when you are ready.

No comments: