Saturday, January 18, 2014

Do you feel punished?

The rough treatment people dole out is truly punishment. I see people imposing penalty after penalty for behaviors un- be- coming. This must end. We are focusing on a negative instead of  potential. I hear stories about how it is measured into a person's life and how much stress that causes. I hear the MAN UP phrase, the get tough, the you are not good enough or other just as punishing words. People starve themselves, do not sleep, work all of the time, and it punishes them.  I did not go there in my life.  Instead I had myself and my girls write, after an infraction, first the apology, then the guarantee of never doing that again and then their idea of a punishment. It was amazing how hard we can be on ourselves. I see it all of the time,  life here being one of daily punishment. We will rant, or run, or hide even, in the punishment of self. They will abuse everything in their world, and anyone who gets too close. They believe they are punishing the rest of us, but that is simply not the truth. You may only really do YOU.  Love and life here are about learning, growing, changing and creating new ways to do things. If you have been in the punishment series of learning, take a step back. Ask your body what it needs now to be happy again, ask your heart, ask your mind too. They all have an idea of what life should look, feel and be like. You are not being punished for being born, you are a creator in everyway. Take a chance and step up to YOU, give yourself a hug, and a smile and then start again. This time without anything negative. It will shift everything, I promise.

No comments: