Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Collecting

I have collected some thoughts, some horses, some riders too. The Redemption Cowboys are what we call ourselves and we are on the road together. We added in yesterday a young man, who is also on a road he did not foresee. We sat at the table and heard the story of the freak accident, the broken back, the narrow escape from death and the stages of grief associated with losing something like your legs. Then he smiled and said, I am on my way to the NEW NORMAL, and I think this group and these horses can me get there. We smiled back and said, actually we are going that way too. You can come along if you want to and if we have to carry you for a little while, we will be happy to do that. You are welcome here and whatever it takes, we will do it TOGETHER.  Now, through tears of joy, I get to witness, what the NEW NORMAL looks like, and FYI this is IT! I am collecting pages now for an epic story of Cowboys redeeming themselves on the road to the New Normal. WOW! This is awesome, and for the chance to document it and share it with you, I AM GRATEFUL.

No comments: