Wednesday, January 15, 2014

LEARNING ALONG THE ROAD

As my brother and I road home from the funeral of our beloved auntie, we talked. Our family was the subject of our conversation.  How we grew up and what it was all about was the center of our thoughts. I felt he was the only reliable thing in our home for many years, turns out he still is. We sat with a stranger as children, not allowed to attend our own father's funeral. We started right then to rely on each other, although we were very young it was REAL.  I have looked for that quality in my self and others my entire life. What I found was variable. Addictions to behaviors not be-coming are one of the ways I see reliability slip away. Counting on the self - the control, the love, the honesty, the compassion, that is where the real - I -able  is born. It must be nurtured by the self and then surrounded those who enhance it. If you have let yourself down, or abandoned yourself in any way it is now time to reconnect. What or who makes your heart open, can help. Be honest, be present, cruising down the road with someone you love and trust, rebuilds the feeling of reliability, and being able to count on someone makes this life sweet and wonderful. Thanks Mike, you were always there and still are and I am grateful!

No comments: