Saturday, January 19, 2013

The new normal

Normal for me needs to change now. I have watched what some people refer to as normal. All sorts of behaviors, loud, critical, buying their way in, buying their way out, forgetfulness, lateness, self centeredness and so it goes. I know we think it is just normal since it always has been that way. Like that parent who yells at the umpire during a game, or the one friend who is forever late to meet you, or the one who doesn't care that it is your birthday. Normal for me is shifting now very quickly, things I would have said or done just a month ago will never be a part of my world again. This timing in our 2013 reboot gives us a great opportunity to change our idea of normal. I choose to spruce mine up a bit, how about you? Health, happiness and horses always there for me, now add in a groundedness and connection to people and causes here that I believe in and playing at the those things I love to do will be normal for me now. Not rare or new, just normal and everyday choices. Think about your new normal too, could it benefit from an upgrade, mine is!

No comments: