Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Frozen hearts

Hearts that  freeze up, with the belief that there is nothing out there for them.  Seeing the world  as a very cold place. BELIEVING THAT No one understands, no one knows me, and those who do, do not get me at all. I see it again and again in the eyes of those looking back at me, I see me! I was not understood by my family as a kid, seemed that I was just too much. I cost too much  money, did too much talking,  had too much energy, and so it went. So I had to find myself, myself. I did. By the time I was 40, I knew me and liked me a lot. My heart cracked open and started to thaw. I saw in the eyes of my Redemption Cowboys, riders in recovery that share Monday afternoons with me and my horses,  MY EYES. It was a super cold day outside, but they all said that they were warm.  In the barn, on the horses and with one another, they were warm. I said, YUP, it is the warmth that comes from the thawing of a frozen heart. The warmth that comes from friendship, honesty, success over fear, and being present with others who are present as well. I watched the thaw, the eyes brightened, the words begin to form, and MY HEART opened to these amazing men as the warmth of a love of self began to take it's rightful place in those hearts. I am a grateful angel-hawk, as the Creator has gifted me with the opportunity to share the Universal Love from there, HERE!!!!! Well done Cowboys, you warmed my heart!

No comments: