Monday, September 2, 2013

I love German Shepherds

I have had at least one and sometimes two most of my life. They are beautiful, giant, capable and so loving. They are very smart and do lots of different chores very well. I use mine to guard me, a real strength in my life when I am afraid. I have to admit I was afraid for a very long time. In the dark one night someone came and my German Shepard spoke up loud and clear, you are not welcome here. I had never heard my dog so vehement. It made me smile. I have had Cody, Shadow and Cooper. Each bringing a gift to me in their special and rare way. Zion is mine right now, he has been here on the ranch his whole life, which is coming to a close soon. He has loved the animals, the children, the land and of course his master, with a passion that I sometimes think I do not deserve. I am writing this today to honor dogs and their human partners. It is truly a gift from a God that believes we deserve unconditional love no matter what. Dogs are the best and forgive and forget. They will bring the ball no matter what trouble just happened. That is magic and the miracle that a lot of humans need now. Dogs remind us we are worth it, it's all good. NOW LET'S PLAY!!!!

No comments: