Monday, February 11, 2013

Who was taught respect?

Recognition and admiration are in the definition. Were you given that tool as you grew up on this planet? I was told it was for elders, the church and of course, men demanded it of everyone, fought for it, but did not give it to women or children. When it is taught that it is for all of us and that by respecting yourself and others the peace we seek will come. Being a female got me no respect, making money did. What kind of message is that?? The message that stuff is more important than people. Girls, poor people, kids, disabled people, simple people, people with different ways or ideas - got skipped in the respect department. It now is changing and I am a part of that shift on purpose. Are you? If you were not respected as a kid or as an adult here, start the change by recognizing and then admiring your own qualities. Stand in the light and take a good long look at yourself, your accomplishments, your words, your behaviors. I spoke with a friend on Saturday about alcoholism and the reservation. He said the disease is horrble and the behaviors that come from it are sickening and life ending. He said they are starving for real food, but as we talked I thought, yes that is true, but what is really missing is respect. The Native American community underwent an intentional disrespect by men who thought that eliminating these beautiful people they would enhance their portfolio. Custer fought because he wanted to be president, that did not turn out so well did it? When there is no respect there, in the end there is NOTHING! I have seen it with relationships, families,animals, health, land and so it goes. I pray for and offer respect now for all of us who are staying. I honor and admire and recognize all as children of the Creator, sons and daughters of mighty and powerful and respected God. I respect myself by feeding myself love and good food, kind words and celebrations of life, I do my work with a respect for humans and nature teaching a partnership that enhances both. I respect our Earth as our mother here and love her in every way I possible can. And I respect all of you for your rare qualities, your triumphing spirit and desire to be a part of the new world in love and light and laughter - one for all and all for one - in deep reverence and with unending respect! Namaste'

No comments: