Monday, February 4, 2013

Do we have to take the bad with the good??

Have you settled? I have a friend who has settled for a paycheck when the boss abuses him constantly. I know those who have settled for marriages where the love or intimacy left long ago. I know those who have settled for less, thinking I guess this is all there is or ever will be. Why do so many take the bad with the good and give up on all the good being all there is? Women were programmed to subordinate themselves. When I was a kid we didn't even have sports teams although my friends and I were athletes. Artists were broke, musicians broker. The imbalance right now is on our shoulders and it is up to us to change it. Decide what is good and right for YOU. Accept nothing less. Do not argue about it or try to change another's mind, just make up your mind and proceed. I recently dismissed a big bad in my life. I had settled for less than I wanted. It really bugged me. I have broken the mold in so many ways and this is the final shift for me. I am a Native American female Naturopathic Physician, self employed and a single mother. Fifty years ago that would have been a jail term, now all of those choices and traits are a gift to me. I decided to fall in love with what I loved and stop believing that somehow there was something wrong with it. If it makes your heart sing - do IT! If they make your heart sing - Hang out with THEM! If you see only the good , the good will be all there is surrounding you. I am hopelessly hopeful and that gets the job done! Here's to a great day and a greater life. GOOD IS EVERYWHERE SEE IT AND BELEIVE IT!

No comments: