Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Only those who love you best, teach you the hardest lessons

Yup, that is truth. I learned it long ago, and have been trying to find gratitude for those who frustrate me. It is a tough job. We see the world around us only through our own eyes and desperately want someone to see it that way too. It is simply not how it works. Your vision and experiences are yours alone, exposing them and healing those that were damaged, is your journey along the way. We do, however, bump into those who know that by pushing us they can get us to see and respond to those hidden things. I recently bumped into an old partner who pushed me farther and more intensely than I had ever been pushed before. It shook me up and then woke me up. That was good news. I see more of me that was simply stored away now because of that. I had actually become shy, which was not really a part of my personality. As a kid, I was friendly and full of adventure. This has shown me that I do like people and I can get out there now again and mingle. I had stopped that for a long long time. So here's to old friends and hard lessons, thank God for both! Namaste' Dr. Su

No comments: