Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sharing the energy

Humans are not taught to share, they are taught to own. Native Americans know you own nothing here, you are simply a steward. How you take care of something is your stewardship, that goes for people, places and things. If I am to be a worthy steward then I should take a look at what I am responsible for first. The body, that is the first thing you must be a steward to. You only get the ONE. It is your home and, "your vehicle, baby and it can take you anywhere you wanna go". First it must be fed, rested, cleaned and cared for, honored and respected and nurtured too. It is a gift, not a given, just ask someone in a wheelchair. Until you get that lesson, you should not take on any other stuff. You will have the same result in other stewardships that you do with your body and life. I see people move in and take over wanting to steward me and mine when they can't even take care of their own stuff or share it! I take really good care of me and mine, ask my horses or my girls. I do not need someone taking over what I already do well. I do, however, know my limitations and boundaries and hire the rest done. We are learning to be stewards again, sharing and caring about our world, not using it up and throwing it away, or taking more than we can take good care of. To sustain this life and planet, become the steward of self first, then share that energy with others, I believe once accomplished this will all work out to our benefit.

No comments: