Saturday, June 8, 2013

I woke to this advice

What you tolerate will never change and what you respect you will attract over and over. How can I respect what I can barely tolerate?? Teachers, preachers, parents, bosses, cops - they all wanted respect and thought that it came automatically with the position. I thought about this and realize it is true and I do not respect that in any way. Respect is earned. I tolerate many things that I do not agree with. Throwing cigarette butts on the ground is one of those things. The next time I see that happen, I will walk right over to it and pick it up and put it where it belongs. I respect gentleness. I am gentle with my horses and other animal friends, I am gentle with children. Life is challenging enough on it's own and nothing less will do. Everything needs to be handled with care as if it fragile and deserves my respect. Tolerate only what you want to keep around, change the rest. Respect all the parts of your life and behaviours you love and they will follow you all the days of your life. Two good things to wake up to understanding. Thank you Creator for my dreams and my awakenings.

No comments: