Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Expectations

I watch others respond constantly to the energy that surrounds them. It is a great hobby and a very remarkable gift. I know how to turn on the light and I can also turn it down. People set themselves up, the expectations of each soul make them or break them. I have expected great things my whole life and mostly that is what I have created for myself. I love my life and my work and my family and my friends and that is good enough for me. Yet I have also expected others to create energy the same way I do, with magic and light and joy and never saying no. I have been disappointed. That is not their fault, nor do I blame them, yet I still feel the disappointment. How does that happen?? I have expectations of my own value, my own worth, my own abilities. I sometimes expect others to have the same values and worths and abilities that I have and use. I know that is simply not going to happen. I am my own result of my own expectations. Nothing more and nothing less. I can only watch and see what others do. No expectations. The only one I can expect to be with and love forever is ME. Everything else is a gift.

No comments: