Friday, March 15, 2013

so I am having lunch with a guy I thought I knew

Along the way he brings up something he feels passionate about. Great, a topic of interest and energy. Then he says YOU NEED TO DO THIS!!! I am looking at the last person on the planet that would ever allow someone to tell him what to do or worse yet, what to think. He is militant about his independence. I say well, I have things that I am passionate about and that is where I choose to focus my energy now but I wish you all the luck in the world in this. He freaks out and tells me I am not worthy of his friendship any longer, throws money on the table and storms out while I am still eating. WOW, what a dramatic performance, the bartender looks at me with sympathy and I say he does that alot. Here's the reason I bring it up. There are many ideas today about life and love and Earth and God. All of which have merit. There is no one way. There are many rooms in my Father's house and the key to that door of your room, is different for each one going there. And we must remember in the end we are all going home. Please refrain from jamming your views down another's throat, you may lose a friend you thought you would have forever. Together or alone, your ideas have merit for only you now and other's will have their ideas as well, honoring and respecting the differences is the way we achieve peace and harmony and that is the GOAL now! Namaste' to us all!!!! Thank you for another lesson learned and another country heard from and my peaceful decision to not make war, but to finish my meal in peace!!

No comments: