Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Support each other in the recovery process

I have learned much lately about addiction. I am grateful for the lessons as they are an add on for me. In the loss that results from the single minded pursuit of something there comes the ends, the bottoms and the empties. Empty bottles, vials, hearts, relationships and lives. Empty checkbooks and empty beds. This is a lonely lesson and when fully learned, the recovery process becomes the best part of the whole experience. The Creator rejoices when a lost lamb is found. Finding ourselves now is a great and joyous celebration. I look into the eyes of the sick and tired, and share my giant Sagittarius zest for life. I smile, and teach and cheerlead in my job and I am very happy with that work. It came from my recovery from IC, the bladder disease I had back in the 80's. It was a lesson of loss and pain that changed my path, my view and my life here forever. As you recover now, support one another. Create your joyful supportive community with the can-do approach. We are not here to be perfect and that is OK, we are trying and that is good enough!!!

No comments: