Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Loyal friend

I have been blessed again and again with the loyal companionship of dogs. I have had Tucker, Shadow, Cody, Cooper, Zion and Rain, and now I have Lady and Logan. They come and stay for awhile, their love is unconditional and the wagging tail never stops. They want to play, and cuddle and show me how cool their tricks are with balls and sticks and even little tiny rocks. They herd my herd  of horses and make my life so easy.  They guard my chicks and play with my kitties and even my raccoon. They protect my land and all it has on it, including my heart. They make my heart open and unconditional. Yesterday my 13 yr old German Shepherd woke up ready to fly to the Rainbow bridge.  Legs that had carried him all around this ranch had folded and would not move here any more. I saw wings forming on his giant black back, and his soft eyes said, mom I have to go now. My amazing veterinarian, Dale Magnusson was coming to assist at the end of the day. As the time approached so did the humans that love me unconditionally as well. I looked up and saw the sad, soft hearts of my friends, my co workers, and my family. They came to honor the loyal companion that had graced all of our lives. Then he was gone. As we carried him to his grave, the horses lined up in honor of their old friend, and when I let them out afterwards I am sure they went to site and danced with him in spirit.  I looked this morning to see him on the cool bathroom floor, and it was empty, yet he was still there. Thank you Zion for your loyalty, beauty and humor and the power you had and shared with a your peaceful manner and loving heart. You are my forever friend and when I look up I know I will see you watching over us always. Godspeed old boy, see you again. I will bring the ball!!

No comments: