Saturday, June 7, 2014

Parents and Promises

When a child is conceived there is a promise put into the air that they will be nurtured, protected and nourished here, cherished really. That is what a soul is attracted to and ultimately becomes attached to. It is the broken promises that are hurting our children. The sadness, and loss and resulting behaviors of the non-listening, the non-present and ultimately non-loving parent. I will be there for you is what they heard in heaven before  they descended, then when the embodied everyone soon after took off or started partying. Kids left to their own are lost and lonely and become self-destructive. Period. It takes the presence of a loving parent to show a child the way, the how and the can do's. Today I am celebrating my step father's birthday, he stepped in and stepped up when my male parent abandoned us by dying very very young. My stepfather took on a role, that as I look back now was, heroic in every way. It was hard, painful and dramatic almost all the time, but he stayed the course, took care of our life here and did the best he could. I honor that today on his 84th birthday, thank you dad for your strength, courage and mostly your presence, although challenging, you won!! You made a promise and you kept it. In the light of your strength, we, the four kids you supported all the years, won too! The blessing of family is the greatest blessing of all!! The legacy is full on in my family and my kids and their kids will benefit dramatically from this kept promise, the love their grandpa and he has always loved them too!

No comments: