Saturday, February 8, 2014

Flexibility and recovery come from bent not broken

I broke a lot of bones as a kid, my arms and legs and even my face. I know that the stored memory of the human is the oldest in the bones and teeth. I was looking for answers. That's why they are in those strong places well protected and only under severe pressure do they release. The soft tissue moves feelings in and out. The hard holds tight the lessons and the truth. I see us all bending now.  Not breaking, just bending. Bending the rules, bending over to pick something up, coming around the bend. My  Redemption Cowboys are bent, not broken. Addiction is a bend not a break. Those in recovery know that light and love of self is key. It is a new twist for them to love themselves first. It is a real stretch and reach, it takes flexibility and bending. I teach yoga to access places that are normally not accessed, through bending and breathing. It opens the door to flow and knowledge hidden within. The flexibility brings the balance, the harmony, the beauty back to you. You are not broken although it may feel close. Broken releases the spirit to return to it's Creator, some are leaving. Those of us staying must bend now. First try getting down on your knees and bowing your head, that is a great way to begin!

No comments: