Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tough or tender? You choose.

I have always been tough. That's what I thought anyway. I felt abused as a kid and that made me tough as a kid. Although I would rather be with those with a tender heart and tender touch and warm smile, I generally felt more drawn to the tough ones. Those angry in and with their life. It made me feel better about mine. I believe that is a common choice for people. Hang out with those worse off than you are and feel better about your circumstances. Avoid the happy light hearted ones because with them you feel unworthy. As we enter into balance now - simply be who you are. I am actually both things. Tough as nails when I need to be, sweet and helpful too. I think I am fun AND funny and so do my girls. This is the time to be happy with ourselves. No comparison, no ranking, no higher or lower or nicer or tougher. Just us being in community with us. Loving us for us. Let's be who we really are, no one needs to be saved or abused, we are all in control and that's what counts now.

No comments: