Sunday, September 23, 2012

Rainbow - Illusion or reality?

As I walked out the door to the conference on Friday, there was a double rainbow in my front yard! Both ends right there in front of me and a paler second rainbow right next to it. I have rainbows in my life all the time. I looked in the dictionary, it calls it "illusionary hope" - like chasing rainbows. HUM..... Is that what I do? Do I chase rainbows? Yes I do, always have and hope I always will. I know that the storms we endure will produce a rainbow if only we give it time to clear and then let the sun shine through it. I see them as a promise, like God gave us after the flood. A promise saying, no more floods like this one, I PROMISE and here's a rainbow to seal the deal. WORKS FOR ME. I KNOW THAT THEY ARE REAL, I SEE THEM. THEY ARE ON MY BUSINESS CARDS AND IN MY YARD. Do I believe in promises? I sure do, and I make them too. I promised my girls that they would never endure, while I was alive, a health care system that I learned was not in their best interest, being their only option for wellness. I went to school, took tests, read books, attended seminars and I have made good on that promise for 22 years now. They are the beneficiaries of that promise, that illusionary but very real rainbow. What are your promises, what rainbows do you chase?? Health, happiness and horses are mine!!

No comments: