Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The reflection you see in another's eyes is you!

When I was a child my step father would admonish me for looking at him with my big brown eyes. I have girls who have those same eyes, and I have learned that the look of them is simply a reflection of me. When I am happy their eyes are happy smiling eyes. Same goes for my frustrations, reflected back at me to see and deal with. Kids do that for us, so do lovers, and animals too. They all show you YOU.

I have reflected back to some their rage, and they hate that when that happens, and blame me for the reflection. Sorry, I can not control another's personality only reflect it back to them. I can also reflect back the need to heal, providing a look at the hope they reveal and then see and feel in the reflection of that same hope.

Knowing how powerful our sight is as a learning tool, visual learners experience great shifts when they allow the reflection to teach them about themselves. I have learned much over the years and still add to that learning every day someone sits across from me. If you want to know, find a trusted friend and speak your truth to them, then see how it reflects back to you in their eyes. If you feel injured it has been you all along doing the injury. Do not do this with our children, they are innocent and you could damage their fragile natures. Find a professional, they are trained how not to be hurt or even involved, only reflective and then you will get what you pay for, it is a wonderful tool. Use it well.

No comments: