Monday, March 26, 2012

What is the point of gratitude?

It acts as cement, holding together the particles of the things you appreciate and love. If we do not express the energy of gratitude to those and that which we adore they will simply slip away from you, like sand running through your fingers. It is the strength of adding your energy to their energy that MAKES IT STRONG AND DURABLE.

The morning gives us light and coaxes us into our bodies to play and work for yet another day. The setting sun gives of the gentle reflection of that day and an opportunity to be glad for what we had. I truly can not stand complaining, I just think it destroys people's lives. Instead of looking at what was right and cool about something strange or scarey or difficult, they whine about it. It makes me crazy and I run from those who do it, or send them on their way.

I am a half full person, no matter what, I believe it is all good. I learn something new everytime something odd occurs here. I see the benefit in all of it. Light gives me vision, dark gives me the vision of going inside myself. Simple as that, simple as day and night. Before I go within in the darkness of my day I am great-full and loving the whole kit and caboodle.

Yesterday a guy said that he heard I have a lucky horse shoe, I do, I have one because I believe win or lose - I WIN. Being here now is winning, loving life and those who share it, is winning. Laughing out loud and singing at the top of my lungs, is winning. Riding horses and doing yoga and talking to my girls is winning.
There is a reason for gratitude and it's expression, it cements the WIN!!

Today make a note of the things you have NOT been grateful for. Those you have taken for granted. Think about the people and stuff that always are around. I am here to tell you that without gratitude for them and that, they will disappear and you may not get another chance to tell them how glad you are to be in communion with them.

It does not cost a thing to speak words of gratitude. It does not cost a thing to send a note over the internet, or make that phone call. It could be the energy that restores the glad things in your life. Go backwards in time and if you left someone behind without telling them that you were glad you knew them once, tell them now. It will change your life forever. I wrote an old neighbor a note of gratitude yesterday and it felt good.

I am grateful for all who read this, that makes me smile! THANK YOU! Dr. Su

No comments: