Friday, March 9, 2012

Minnesota has a plan to cover contractor's who rip you off

With so much thieving going on with all the contractors ripping people off now Minnesota has created a fund to recover your losses. In reporting the contractor who cut and run, they said that after I get a judgement against him and if he does not pay, they will help with recovering some of the money from a fund they have. They also will take care of him and he will not do this again to anyone, he will be flagged, sanctioned and his license pulled and he will be fined too. They are sick of this happening to innocent people.

Now that's news to me and makes me feel better, we did not have that option in Wisconsin when I had that happen before.

I know people are suffering right now, on so many levels, lack is everywhere, but it is not right to take what isn't yours,or make promises you can not keep, let's restore integrity and be proud of who we are and what we do. If you want to hire someone, get a mediator to hold the money in escrow and make sure the project is done the way it was promised before anyone writes a check. If they will not work with you on this, keep looking, there are awesome contractors out there. I just hired three who did the work and it is beautiful!!! And they have been paid in full.

Trust is a precious gift and learning who and how to trust is key for me now, naive doesn't cut it. Karma does though. Thanks for hearing me universe and giving me this good news.

No comments: