Friday, February 3, 2012

Chapter ten

Now that I had mastered my body and healed it from the dis-order I had created, I needed to understand it with my mind. For the first time in this lifetime I wanted to study and learn and I decided to attend school.

I signed up for a course of study in Traditional Naturopathy. It would provide me details in respect to what nature had to offer when it came to health and wellness. Everything from nutrition to homeopathy was included and it was work that I could pace myself at, doing it all at home and sending it in for completion before they would send the next phase. I love that since I do things more quickly than others, no waiting for everyone else to finish, which as a kid got me into all sorts of trouble with just too much down time on my hands between lessons.

I was enthralled, finally something made sense to me. Learning became a joy and a pleasure and to this day I am an avid student, for I had finally found the thing that would capture my attention and ultimately become my life's work. The tradtional structure of education in America was far to pedantic for me and the subject matter even more so. I was always aware of the pointlessness of what was being forced on me as a kid, knowing deep down the value in learning would not be in what they were teaching but in what my life was producing. I just wanted to get to it!

Learning to learn would have been time better spent. At least until it became evident as to what it was I was adept at. To this day, my search for knowledge remains thirsty and hungry and aggressive, and I enjoy feeling that way. Linking the mind, with it's intellect and emotions and ego with my body was a treat, and the features of putting those two together with choice after choice a kind of freedom I had never know before. Unlimited learning and health and potential at a level that I was unaware existed.

No comments: