Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chapter six

All the children everywhere, were my favorite. Old or young, girl or boy, every one of them had a story and I wanted to know what it was. I would press my face on the car window driving down the road just to see who we were passing by, I once pressed so hard the door flew open and I flew out onto the highway. Seatbelts from then on and I hated them! Any restraint at all has no place in my life and it started way back then.

By the time I was in the sixth grade I had been bullied at home enough to then become one. Sometimes it was in defense of someone weaker, like my friend Brad, who suffered from progeria, the aging disease. He would do crazy things that I would suffer for him since I felt he was suffering enough as it was. Other times I bullied just to bully and soon learned that that got you nowhere in this life. Much more was gained by true caring than by pushing and shoving and being bossy.

In the eighth grade I morphed into a young lady and a whole new world opened up to me. Boys, boys, boys, loved them then and still do to this day. Fascinating beings, with strength and energy I admired, always ready for an adventure and that I admired more. It became easier to play with them since they were so spirited.

School ended for me quickly, I lost total interest as soon as I could drive. Driving became a passion, again down the road wondering who I passing and what their life was about. I always wanted to know everything. That has never stopped, and my career has given me the chance to use that passion daily.

Wanting to know about others was also a wanting to know about me. I would ask my mother about our family and never really got any answers at all. My father's side was off limits but I was fascinated by them anyway. I felt the feeling that I had a lot of their blood in me and needed to understand them more. I knew we were Native American but could get no clarification until many years later when my cousin passed away and his mother, my aunt, verified our family of origin as Native American from Montana and gave me the few details she had. That set me on an adventure of learning and discovering things about myself and my heritage that would change my life forever. The peace that came from knowing the truth about who and how I was, was palpable and I had longed for that peace all of my life. It would verify my dreams and my instincts like nothing else every had, it also supported my natural knowing of certain things, genetically sent down through my DNA. Wow, that made things so much easier, getting into the flow of who I really was on all levels was one of my greatest pleasures and successes.

No comments: