Sunday, February 19, 2012

Are we afraid to be honest?

I watch kids create stories because they are afraid to be honest. They use the twists and turns the adults do with their words, and figure that is how it is done. Although it is very difficult to make something up and then remember it accurately they fear that their truth will make them unlovable.

When I was a child my mother told me if I ever ran away do not bother to come home because she would kill herself and she wouldn't be there anymore anyway. I was being honest in wanting to leave and live somewhere else and with someone else, our home life was terroristic and manic. I hated walking on egg shells around her. Those words shut me up and shut me down. I could not be honest with her ever again since that would create another manic terroristic threat. Think about that for a minute.

Are we changing our lives and our relationships with others because we fear our own truth and fear sharing that truth even more? I hear parents say to kids - NONSENSE- You are talking non-sense, when they are simply describing their own plight in their own words. What they are really saying is that I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. Or even more often I KNOW, but I am afraid too.

It is time to simply be honest and own your own truth. I am positive we are ready for this and it will heal so many things. Unique and rare and extraordinary each and everyone of you, ME TOO. If someone you hang with does not like your truth, let go and move on, someone else will honor and respect and love you for that SAME TRUTH! HONESTLY!

No comments: