Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chapter four

Life as a child had so much good stuff. It was hard to understand the pain that surrounded us when so many things were going right. There was the sun, I love the sun and being in it always made me happy. I would mow our giant lawn just to have 4 hours in the sun. There was the river, it flowed clear and warm in the summer and swimming in it was like heaven on earth. It cooled you down and made you super strong all at the same time. In the winter she froze solid and you could skate or ski for miles and miles. I learned to set a tip up in the ice to fish with and ski off for a while returning to pull in my catch and supper - my favorite supper to this day - a giant walleye would appear!!

Horses came when I was eight and riding to the river and swimming with horse there was the greatest joy ever. I love to play and swim in the water with my horse and still do it every chance I get. There was a magic in running down the beach full speed on the back of my horse thst nothing could equal. A freedom and power that would carry me in my dreams all the days of my life. Even when I was little I would escape on the back of my horse for hours on end and there is where peace and happiness were guaranteed. She was my best friend, my confidant and my personal vehicle to anywhere I wanted. I never got over that and am so glad of it.

No comments: