Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Power of Connection

For a long time I felt alone here, abandoned by my real family in a strange place with strangers. I think they thought so too. Who is this peculiar little child, this is not the one we ordered. We wanted a different one, one who could follow rules and smile all the time and take orders and work without question or complaint, not this kid. They didn't think much of my spirit, thought it should be submissive to their whims and ways, when it wasn't, it was beaten black and blue and still I couldn't become what they wanted.

That alone feeling stayed with me a long long time. Autistic and Aspberger's kids feel that every day. Different and mis and un understood. They become sad and mad and scared and life for them and those around them becomes a torment daily. I watched a great show about Temple Grandin a women with autism and it showed her as a genius. She is! She sees things in pictures in great detail and remembers every detail and can fix it in her mind and then in her life.

I am just like that, I see auras and patterns and can fix it in my mind and then put it out there for the world. I do it with health and the human body. It is the gift of many here now. The hard part is finding the connection to this world where this gift connects easily and effortlessly. She did with cattle, they grounded her and she connected, I do it with horses, they ground me and I connect.

Yesterday a little girl with a long page of issues and med's connected yesterday on my horse Danny for the very first time in her short little life. Her mother was awestruck!! She said that has never ever happened before. The little one sat bareback on the back of my beautiful bay gelding and around she went with Cody another autistic kid leading her. Thirty minutes of peace and connection till she said she was getting dizzy and was now done.

If we can find a place to learn to connect, we can nourish ourselves in this world and feel safe, if we never connect we will run around like chickens with our heads cut off till we find a way back home, that is why suicide is so prevalent among children now. Drugs don't work, they only buy a little time but in the long wrong do more harm then good. Whole organic food, fresh air, clean water and direct sunlight work with an exercise program of connection with fun and effort extended. Shut off the electronics and get outside and play and run and holler, the Earth Mother will meet you there and she will connect to you and that is what this is all about.

No comments: