Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Learning to trust

My puppies are teaching me to trust. I have struggled to learn trust along the way of this life. I have seen the results of trust  lessons again and again, sometimes they were tough ones. Choosing friends, partners, jobs and investments are the normal trust relationships. Truth is it is the self that we really came to get to know, to love and to trust here. My self is expansive, and trusting everyone was how I wanted it to go. I know deep down there is some light and love in every person, yet sometimes they are willing to do things that take away trust from us. Kids are the most vulnerable to this. To trust that being loved and feeling loved are real here we learn as we go. Our mothers and fathers make that contract to teach us this trust deal.  Many parents fail at that contract. They are angry, abusive or sometimes not even present. My puppies are reteaching me one simple lesson.  I show them love and direction, sharing what I want and need from them to keep them safe and in my life for a long long time. They want to trust that I am going to follow through. So every single day I feed them good food, I play ball, I pet them and praise them, I correct behaviors that do not work here in a loving way and then I tuck them in to their little kennel at night for a warm safe rest And tomorrow we begin the whole process over again. They can trust me and I am building trust in them as they grow. How about doing that with each other. Trust someone, share your truth and let's see what we can build back on this planet. Trust is the road to community and we all need one another to survive and thrive.

No comments: