Monday, October 13, 2014

sleep disorders

I treat those in my practice all of the time, I speak about those to groups. I offer a zillion ideas on sleeping peacefully. It is one of the greatest frustrations of all for many people. So let me offer you this. You must learn that you flow in cycles. The 24 hour cycle we call day works like this. Eight hours of work, eight of play and eight of sleep. Three dimensional beings, require 3 dimensional days. If you overload  or underload in one aspect, you will have to compensate in another. If your sleep is off, then consider this. Sunlight, unfiltered daily, exercise that matches you, I told my partner to go ride his bike!! HARD!! He is a physical character and needs physical exertion to get sleepy. Working, thinking, problem solving - eight hours a day is enough of that. Laughter and lightheartedness - play time needs eight hours too. Down, when the sun goes down, up, when the sun rises. You are an earth being, and trying to override your natural system will cause haywire responses. TV, computer time, need limits and whole days offline. You are in need of a vacation option every ninety days to amp back up if your life is a still out of balance. Learn the circadian cycles, they show you how and why your body does what it does when it does it. Nothing to fear, knowledge is power. Power over your ability to sleep, well, that is an awesome - superpower!!!! Less food as the day goes on too will help. YOU DO NOT NEED food to sleep!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've struggled with various sleep disorders over the course of my life. I've been told by friends that it has to do with my asberger's syndrome, but I'm not so sure. I mean, aren't there people who experience sleep disorders who don't have that syndrome?
http://www.tampasleepdisorders.com/Sleep-Treatment-Tampa-FL.html

Dr. Su said...

Sure, it is the adrenal fatigue brought into play by the constant fight or flight way of living here.