Tuesday, November 15, 2011

She touched his shoulder and he felt better

Yesterday I said be kind, then when I got to work there was a remarkable young woman who came with an injured man. It was the most beautiful thing to see her touch his shoulder to comfort him as he sat with me and told me his truth. His aura changed and hers did too. She asked to have appointment later and I told her I would stay through lunch to see her now and when we were talking she said she wanted to find a way to be of service. I told her that what she did just a little while ago, was and is of service! The greatest job of all is to be kind and compassionate, reaching out when you feel bad is how your bad goes away. The light the came on, it was awesome!!

We often wait for whatever, to be noticed or to be paid or to be happy with ourselves.
What are we waiting for - we are here - ready and able and willing to do this thing. Service is the highest calling, no matter how simple the service. A smile is a simple loving gesture that lights up a room. Start there. I will too. Smiling at you all, Dr. Su

No comments: