Thursday, July 21, 2016

MY St. Croix River

I was born here, with her by my side. I grew up here and raised my family here with a beach front to walk to, ski from and hang out on. Yesterday the pups and I went to her flooded edge with our paddle board and gave her our undivided attention again. First thing she did was give us her eagles. Two beautiful raptors with the whitest heads and tails I have ever seen. They were so close I could almost touch them, as they touched me. From Creator to Susan, on the wings of the eagle come my orders, and go my requests. In the water and on the water delivery of such messages is easy. So we paddled and swam as I have done here for 58 years. She lifts my spirit, cools my temper, soothes my fears and sorrows, and she energizes my soul as she has done all of this lifetime. She gave me a place to play, to work, to be busy and social and even to be quiet, which for Dr.Su is a real challenge! She gave me a place to be alone, yet never alone. She is life here, water is US, we are her. Not gold, not silver, not anything else, water is life and I will be grateful forever for my St. Croix River, she is been the best life giving mother ever!! And I will honor her all the days of my life.

No comments: