Sunday, July 13, 2014

Brothers and sisters

My little brother came to Pow Wow yesterday to hang with me. We laughed and watched  the dancers, shopped and chatted. In this lifetime I only have an older brother, and yet this other brother is just as present, only from another place and time. From the moment I saw him, I knew him as a little brother from before and my first thought was to WHACK him. Yesterday I told him that and he grinned from ear to ear. I knew for sure, he knew he deserved it. Our family is who we gather up from before and who we come in with. Some people do not match their current biological families very well, so creating a new gang is what is happening. Kids do it all the time. In community there is power, love should be the leader. Keeping that in mind, look around and see who your brothers and sisters were and would love to be again.  With that being said, I smile. My family just keeps growing and that is how we get the job done!! Thanking the Universe for the magic of family!

No comments: