Saturday, July 5, 2014

Respond or react - freewill used here

I was raised by a reactor, nuclear in many situations. Sometimes the reaction was there without any thought as to the collateral damage. And as is always true, in every single action, there will always be an equal and opposite reaction and damage was everywhere. I learned from childhood to react. That just made things worse. Reacting is stressful.  Then I grew up, and began to respond instead. My horses have taught met to step a back rather than jump all over something. It has saved my heart, my life and my sanity many times. I see the bigger picture the farther back I get.  I allow the whole scenario to play out before I choose my response. Sometimes I dismiss the party creating the disturbance and say thank you, but no, not today, not ever. Doesn't mean I don't love you just that the game you are playing right now has no place in it for me and how I want to live. Take a tip from a horse and me too. Instead of reacting,  step back, take a deep breath, look from a little farther back, let the whole thing come in to focus before you open your mouth. Fight or flight, the human condition of reacting. Use heart and love, then respond with truth. You can always say yes, or no, or not now. Peace now for the people comes from the open responding heart! Respond please.

No comments: