Friday, July 4, 2014

Is it messy?

Mine still is. Raising kids and puppies is a messy job, and yet it offers some of the greatest joy there is. I loved raising my kids, and the mess was never the issue. Today I am raising to two rambunctious pups and their mess is something to behold.  The value of the joy they bring me so outweighs anything else that I have to blog about it. How much time do people spend on the mess, rather than focusing on the precious moment.  Lost moments are epidemic on this planet. Late or sometimes not even showing up, in the lives of kids and puppies, is not making our world a happy place. Today, a holiday, put down your tools, your vacuum, your laundry and look around and see who is wagging their tail, waiting for you to come and play. You may leave a little mess behind, but it will still be there later, this moment will not! Happy 4th of July!

No comments: