Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Who do you admire?

I have looked at that recently. I joined the Sustain Hudson group and their main job is to admire green people and businesses and honor them with our Green leaf award and make a big deal about their efforts to inspire others to do the same or better.

I think I should do the same, since some of you have asked. I need to fess up as to who inspires me and how they do it, then I want to hear from you about that same topic.

Today's inspiration - Stewart Erickson.

He started Sustain Hudson and we work together at that. But really, we started working together when we were 8 years old, side by side in our third grade class. I was the new kid and he was my friend. That never stopped. He took me to prom when the boy I cared about dumped me for sex. He sat in the wagoneer with me when we both couldn't take it here anymore and we conspired to survive. We skied, we swam, we tried to figure this stupid world out and we went our separate ways. He went west and did really cool stuff and I stayed here and did cool stuff too. We both have hosted our class reunions at our homes because we love our town and the kids we grew up with, that never went away either.

He is an inspiration with his work, his outlook and how he puts into reality his beliefs and how important sustaining our world truly is to him. Thanks Stew, you get the Dr. Su Inspiration Award. I will be in touch with a sticker or something!!

No comments: