Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Burden or joy - which are you?

Looking back at my life and selecting the most valuable lessons is one of the best parts of aging. Experience is a wonderful teacher.

I love it when people say my honesty is refreshing, or that my joyfulness is infectious and that my enthusiasm is contagious. I love being called a tomboy, a house afire and a force to be reckoned with. I am happy to be stubborn and daring. I love to take risks and was allowed that luxury in my life. I never wanted to be fat or lazy or tired or sad or angry or worthless in any part of my life, that felt like a huge burden to me. I have a one ton dually truck and I can drive it like a race car driver, forwards and backwards and even in the snow! That is me enjoying me.

I want to enjoy all the people and experiences of my life now all of the time. I didn't do that always. I sometimes stayed in places and with people who became a burden to me. Too much was needed to stay afloat. I was drowning in my own choices.

My mother told me that marriage was forever, in her opinion it was, in my experience it became a burden. Both times. Joyful in the beginning, losing joy after a very short while. I know now I had a role in that. I have a habit of sticking my nose where it doesn't belong. Friendly and helpful, always trying to improve things with my just being there. I love to give gifts, share experiences and even offer unsolicited advice. YUK. That makes me tired. I became my own worst enemy.

In the end the weight caused me to either surrender under that burden, or drown. Interesting analogy huh? If you, like me have suffered under the weight of a burden you have taken on, get out from under it by letting it go. Surrender now only to joy and life unlimited. Like will attract like, be the joyful, generous, healthy, fun-loving person you want to hang out with and see what comes your way, that's what I am going to do from now on.

The other stuff doesn't belong here anymore and it's up to us to walk away from it. So with a namaste' and see ya on another sunny day, good bye to all the dead weight in my life, hello health, happiness and horses!!

No comments: