Tuesday, January 11, 2011

NO IS A VALID RESPONSE

I hate the word no. I told my former husband if he ever said no to me, it would never happen again, cuz he'd be history. That is exactly what happened. His Story.

Now my story. I saw no as a negative, an obstacle or challenge and as competitive as I am, I always tried to turn it into a positive or affirmative, by first, not accepting it as a valid response and second, putting my energy into someone else's NO. I know now that that is a total waste of my time and energy.

Everyone has the right to say no and to accept no from someone else without obligation. Your knowing/no-ing is your choice and in your mind your truth. I, being the constant player, always felt that that would be something to work on or with. How can I turn your knowing/no-ing into a yes-ing.

Game over. I give up trying to do that work. For it really became the never ending story with many people. No/know, they would say, I will not get happy or healthy or playful or generous or spiritual or whatever else came up. I chose not to KNOW that that was the end of it.

Now I know no. Took me a long long time. I will now accept No as valid and when I offer and the response is no, then I will move on quickly. Love is all that matters and acceptance of another's reality in the negative is a gift of unconditional love. Took me awhile to get that too.

In honour of the know/no world we live in, accept without condition that perspective and take your rightful place in the world of yes-yes!! Let go of anyone else's challenge, create affirmations in the yes-yes world of self. Begin today on the
1-11-11 at 11:11. It's a great way to begin again.

No comments: