Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What happened to the DADs?? Where are they??

I spoke with the father of 2 autistic kids yesterday and he told me of an issue with paying medical bills not covered by the mom's insurance. The vibe I got was he felt like that was her responsibility, that was her kid! I have felt the sting of the no dad syndrome, my dad died when I was little, so I never knew what it was like to have someone in your corner no matter what. I raised my girls alone for the back half of their childhood and the father guy wasn't around either. Simply too mad to be a part of our family. I know couples break up but kids are forever. So to those parents who chose to stay seperate because they are mad or hurt or simply not interested, the hurt is on YOU. You are losing a field of true love when you abandon your kid. Get over the self pity of a break up, but never get over the accountability of procreating a child. It is the hardest job you will ever love!! And the payback for caring and sharing and being there is beyond your wildest dreams and the biggest JACKPOT you will ever win!!

No comments: