Saturday, August 6, 2011

Noise pollution - stop it now!

Have you been hollering at something or someone, or been hollered at? Me too. Both have occurred through out my life. My mother hollered all the time, my 2nd husband was a screaming maniac and so are some of the other people I know. I can not stand that. My girls, when they were little were subjected to my whispers instead of a loud shout. I would say very quietly, come over here, we need to chat, and their eyes would open wide as they came closer, never quite sure what was up. If they were in trouble it was between me and them, noone else needed to know.

I do not need to know anyone who shouts for any other reason then joy. You and I are used to noise pollution, TV, radio, street corners and family matters, all in that realm commonly.

How do we stop it, we can not stop another, so all we can do is turn the deaf ear and walk away. These are choices that are needed now to create peace and quiet and respect.

Teachers who raise their voices have no respect for their students, bosses the same thing, parents worse then either of those. If you do not respect the other person enough to speak with kindness and love then you are truly in the wrong company.

Fear is the only reason to holler, I will hear fear and make a choice, help or not, but I now will not hear criticism or frustration any longer. I will be peaceful and whisper once again. Try it, you may like it.

No comments: