Saturday, August 13, 2011

Can we trust anyone?? No, learn to trust yourself.

I see people wandering around looking to trust some one to help them. Builders, lawyers, doctors, judges, partners, and even friends are my recent trust issues. I grew up not really knowing what it was like to have a dad who loved you, my dad passed when I was just 2 and that feeling of insecurity that came with his departure stayed with me till just recently. I always wanted to rely on someone, have someone in my corner no matter what. Brave and honest and willing to get involved and go the extra mile. Not in my world.

As a grown up I still looked. I hired a builder who was gifted but I couldn't trust, I gave, he took and in the end I got the short end of the deal, a house with only some of the stuff done. Then I hired an attorney to help me with this issues and he did the same exact thing, took and gave back just enough to keep me as a client until I got wise and realized he too, was not to be trusted. Funny how life has a theme. Was it me who had the issue - of course it was. You only attract the lessons you need to complete.

I didn't trust me. OOPS!! What then? I had to look and find me and set it up so that I could and would take care of myself. PERIOD. Noone here is to take care of me, I must learn to use my skills, intuition and love of self and life to be that person I always sought somewhere outside of me. Trusting in the process. Trusting in the Divine design of the whole experience. Trusting that when this life is over, I will be glad I gave it another go.

No comments: