Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Racism, I thought it was finished!

Yesterday a grown man threw a racist comment at me in front of a whole bunch of on lookers. He asked me if I sell "Snake Oil". I was so surprised at the exposure of his underbelly and the weakness of his mind that I could really only respond with my eyes. I did. They flashed. He flinched, but only for a second. Apparently he is a man who cares only for himself and feels nothing for others, his sarcasm and fasetiousness were childish and completely unecessary for us, but apparently needed for himself. When a person uses a cut or a rip to try to be or seem bigger, it is only because they feel samll and unnoticed on the inside. I am sorry and sad for that man.

My Grandmother, Natawista Iksana was a full blooded, Blood tribe memeber of the Blackfeet nation, her name was translated as "Holy Medicine Snakewoman". I am so proud of that heritage and of her life. She was also known as a Frontier Diplomat and an amazing peacemaker in Montana history and all their books tell the tales of her and my grandfather's ways. Alexander Culbertson was a wonderful man and would have never hurt someone with a racist remark. Snake oil, huh?? Maybe there is a remedy there, I will have to check it out. Namaste' Dr. Su

No comments: