Friday, April 15, 2011

Crying wolf !!!

My dad died when I was a child. It was awful. My brother was crushed and my mother decided that life wasn't worth living any more. In that loss she left us with her parents and went to the ocean to take her own life by drowning herself. That is the story she told me when I was 35.

The miracle that she needed came to her in that moment. She waded into the sea and as she was about to let go, the Creator spoke to her in an audible voice. Their conversation saved her life and changed her forever. It took many years for her to overcome her emotional baggage but the potential was there.

To get her attention in those early years after my father left, I would cry wolf!!
I could create a storm with just my words and if she felt it, she would be there front and center. I used that trick till I was about 20. Then I realized I was doing things to create a storm because I had not ever learned to be still and love myself. I loved being loved but didn't know how to manifest it in my own self. She was busy trying to learn the same thing.

Lots of people cry wolf. They do not know how to love themselves. The work I do empowers people to find the value from within and to nurture it with healthy holistic choices. It helps a lot. People love this stuff. I do too.

If you hear the cry of wolf or the sky is falling, ignore it. It is only a call to the self. Do not get in someones way who is calling out, you just may be getting in the way of one of those great conversations with God that could change that person's life for the better FOREVER!!

No comments: