Friday, April 1, 2016

Summer fun with those amazing horses

I have been sharing horses with clients and family and friends since 1965. My horse's name was Jennie and she was an incredible friend. Our family had just moved AGAIN. New school, new kids, new everything. And that was OK. I liked that new adventure thing my family was doing. My daddy died when I was two and since then every day was a lot of unexpected stuff. This new pony was unexpected. She was a solution to daycare and I needed someone to keep an eye on me by and I needed someone I could keep me eye on too. We did that. I shared her with anyone who was even faintly interested. I rode her anywhere I could ride my bike, and even more places since her four wheel drive capacity was ready for all terrain adventures all the time. The river, the beach, the cow pastures, anything that looked like fun, we did. She let me sing to her, and I would strap my guitar on my back or stick my flute in my back pack and she would listen quietly once we settled on a location. I knew that she saved my sanity. Her willing spirit and loving way lifted me up. I could see and be big! My secrets were hers to keep and she did. I now offer that here at my ranch. I sent a newsletter today with an invitation to come and be with my horses! It is a grand experience, life changing every single time. Please join us this summer, for a session, a day or even a weekend. Summer fun lasts when you share it with a HORSE! I should know, I never stopped.

No comments: