Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Learning to meditate now - so so helpful

Years ago I was taught to meditate by a master, she wrote a manual and showed me how to use it for my highest good. Then she told me to share that gift with any who asked. Today I am sharing that gift. It will catapult these students to such a place of peace they will forever use the skill.

I asked my teacher back then, how long should I practice each day and she said give it 20 minutes. I thought no way was I going to have 20 minutes extra each day for THAT. I was a young mom, with two girls and a full time job and on and on. Yet I asked and really wanted to give this a try. The very next day I woke up at 4 am. Wow, that was really early, too early for me, so I rolled over but nothing doing, no more sleep! So I moved to my chair and my meditation and closed my eyes to begin. The next thing I knew it was 6 am. WOW again, what happened here???

That was nearly 20 years ago and each day of my life since then begins that way. It is the best part of my day. It clears me, motivates me, inspires me and gives me the advice I need from ME. The higher me, who isn't wigged out by life here. The me who is peaceful and loving and forgiving.

Find a teacher and learn a skill you will use forever. It will change your life and you will never be the same. Namaste' Dr. Su

1 comment:

Scullynne said...

A very nice story. I find to be very inspiring!