Saturday, January 14, 2012

Find that one good thing in your life and love it up!

With so much changing so rapidly now we lose track of what is constantly good in our lives. Many people forget to be grateful to that good constant thing, instead taking it for granted believing it will always be there. That is the quickest way to lose it all together. If something does not receive the attention of your affection and gratitude I guarantee it will find another place or person to get it.

It's like dogs that run away. I have never known a dog to run away from me or my home, ever. I rescued a cat that was a notorious runner, Linus. They even chipped him so he could be picked up and returned, he still ran all the time and they gave up on him. I brought him home and after a 3 week get to know you "hide" he came out and has never left. I let everyone free around here, dogs, cats and even those crazy horses of mine are free. What do they do? They just hang in the yard.

How does that work, I believe it is because I adore them and take wonderful care to show them that every day. I love them up, pet them, play with them, take them to work with me and so forth. They know this is their home and I am their best friend. Why look for any other person or place??? A relative of mine once said I spoil the people in my life, I laughed and said meat spoils, people don't, I DO however indulge them at every chance. I love to shower the people I love with love. I know I have only one day to do it up right and each day I consider that. I do not want to miss a chance to appreciate someone or something that may tomorrow be GONE forever from this place.

When they depart I mourn for a moment and then just as quickly consider the good stuff and the part they and I played in each other's lives for that segment of time. It takes the place of the loss and the memories of the love and laughter live on forever.

Find the person you neglected to appreciate or the pet or the thing you have that you take for granted. Think about it, really,,,, what does it mean to you to be healthy or have a friend or a lovely home or whatever it is. Without the energy of adoration and appreciation the glue that holds it to you cracks and falls away and it will find another place to be. You are the attraction, become that magnet that holds all that you love close to you forever, it is your job, not theirs.

2 comments:

Scullynne said...

Great article as usual. Keep up the good work!

Theresa said...

Dr. Su you are always so positive. You inspire me!