Thursday, June 20, 2024

WHY horses?

I could hear/here the distant drums even as a child. Were they war drums? NO, turns out they were the sound of HOOVES pounding. I got my first horse as a little girl and it took me to places I could not get to otherwise. My favorite was the beach and riding on the back of my horse as she swam in the St. Croix River here in Wisconsin. Bareback was the only way. Twenty four years ago I decided that kind of joy and the gift it offers would be a healing and happiness provider for kids with special needs. Michel Tigan moved in to the farmhouse at Hawk's Ridge Ranch and we began working with autism clients. She now runs the Y camps we so love. I kept up the good work and today it offers that magic to any and all who wish to feel the gift and here/hear the drums of those hooves. Mothers showed up the other day, AIM members and Standing Rock Water Protectors. Guys out of prison through Freedomworks and those in recovery from addiction recovery centers. Military and paralyzed young men who needed a lift. Engineers from Medtronics and the corporate reality and the list of those that needed a higher view kept coming. The Deconstruction Zone book and classes, and Todd Barnes and Lewiee Blaze the authors, brought young adults looking to reconstruct their lives. Take a look around, the beating of the heart of humanity is fast and worried, take a breath, a time out, and join us for a ride on the Bare Back of a loving, powerful and realigning HORSE and opportunity we offer with our Equine Education Program. Thehawc.com has the sign up for the chance at learning WHY HORSES.

No comments: